FFT Aura IQ Conveyor Health Monitoring
FFT Aura IQ revolutionises conveyor health monitoring – using real-time data to enhance asset management, improve reliability and introduce exciting new predictive capabilities.
Conveyor systems play a crucial role in underpinning efficiency and ultimately profitability in bulk handling operations globally. Conveyor maintenance has traditionally been a real problem, with conventional methods of advanced conveyor failure detection often unreliable, subjective, time-consuming and labour intensive.
HARNESSING THE POWER OF FIBRE
Aura IQ smartly monitors conveyor health through world-leading fibre optic technology, advanced signal processing algorithms, predictive analytics and cloud-based analysis, reporting and alerts. The transformational performance of Aura IQ results in enhanced safety, confidence and performance.
AURA IQ – HOW IT WORKS
Aura IQ is a low cost, highly reliable solution for monitoring, measuring and detecting conveyor roller health – with no power required at the point of measurement.
Aura IQ transmits a series of short, laser pulses along a single fibre optic cable retrofitted along the length of a conveyor. Acoustic disturbances from the conveyor system cause microscopic changes in the backscattered laser light that is then categorised into known parameters. Data is simultaneously gathered from every metre of the conveyor and processed by Aura IQ to pre-emptively alert operators, either on or off-site (in operational hubs or control rooms), to potential failures before they happen. This includes:
- Detecting a broken ball or a cracked cage in a ball race
- Observing and tracking idler bearings as they progressively wear, and
- Predicting potential bearing seizures and prioritising roller replacements at the next maintenance shut down.
CONVEYOR HEALTH MONITOING AND INTELLIGENCE PLATFORM
Providing deeper insights to maintenance technicians, site personnel, regional operational hubs and global headquarters, conveyors are automatically connected to the cloud via an Industrial Grade Wireless IoT Gateway, enabling daily asset reliability reports from every conveyor, at every site around the world. Key features include:
- Active Status – Quickly identify the status of all conveyors and other IoT monitored assets at each site location
- Daily Reports – Review daily reports for each conveyor which highlight idlers which are at risk of failure
- Detailed Heatmaps – Access detailed heatmaps which illustrate key failure indicators on a linestand-by-linestand basis, and
- Individual Linestand Analysis – Drill down into the detail of an individual linestand to review the key fault indicators over time